This is one of my favorite Filipino dishes. I love the creamy sauce especially with spicy bagoong on the side. Sarap!
- 1 kilo beef sirloin cut or round or oxtail cut 2 inch long
- 3 cups of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup grounded toasted rice
- 1/2 cup cooked bagoong alamang
- 2 pcs onion, diced
- 2 heads of garlic, minced
- 4 tbs atsuete oil
- 3 pcs eggplant, sliced
- 1 bundle petchay or bokchoy cut into 2 pcs.
- 1 bundle of string beans/ sitaw,cut to 2 inch long
- 1 pc puso ng saging/banana bud, optional, I omit that..
- 1/2 cup oil
- 9-10 cups water
- salt to taste
- In a big pot, boil beef in water for an hour or until cooked. Strain and keep the stock.
- Heat oil and atsuete oil in a big wok.
- Saute garlic, onions until golden brown., then add the stock,toasted rice, beef and peanut butter.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Add the eggplant and string beans and banana bud. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the pechay and cook for 2-3 minutes. Do not over cook the vegetables.
- Serve with bagoong on the side and steamed rice.
- Share and enjoy!