Paklay (Pork Meat and Innards Stew)
Prep time:10 mins//Cook time:30 mins/Total time:40 mins
Recipe type: Beef REcipe
Serves: 6 servings
- ½ cup each of cooked and sliced pork (liempo), kidney, spleen, heart and liver
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ¼ cup native vinegar
- 2 cups broth (from boiled pork, beef or chicken)
- 1 cup cubed, unripe pineapple
- ¾ cup sliced green and red pepper
- 2½ teaspoons salt
How to cook paklay:
- Sauté garlic, ginger, onion until fragrant.
- Add the pork and variety meats and continue sauteing until the meat is slightly brown.
- Add vinegar and broth. Bring to a boil. Simmer until the meat is tender.
- Add pineapple and pepper. Season with salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes longer. Serve hot. 6 servings.