- 1 pound beef sirloin, thinly sliced and cut into 1-inch strips
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (I used Silver Swan Philippine Made)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 10 to 12 snow peas, ends trimmed
- ½ cup water chestnuts, drained
- 8 to 10 baby corn, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- In a dish or tin bowl, mix thoroughly the beef with the 1/4 cup of soy sauce and corn starch and marinate it for 10-15 minutes.
- In the other dish or tin bowl, mix the water, oyster sauce, & 2 tbsp of soysauce, chinese cooking wine, brown sugar, and the black pepper. Mix them well and set aside.
- In a wok heat 1 tbsp oil, then add the bell peppers and cook it for30 seconds. Take it out then set aside. Now cook the carrots and set aside.
- Squeeze the meat(add the rest of the sauce into the mixed sauce that being aside. Then fry the meat, make sure the oil is hot enough so that the corn starch does not mix into the oil and the meat will just turn brown quickly, you can always adjust the heat later. Do not fry the meat altogether, fry them by batch. Once all done, set them aside.
- Now clean the wok by paper tower, then add 1 tbsp oil if needed just to salute the garlic and onions. Add the mixed oyster sauce and mix until sticky gravy, then add all the ingredients. Let them to simmer until all the vegetables are cooked. Serve it with rice and Enjoy.