- 400 grams. split peeled mung bean
- 3/4 cup Condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Water
- Wash the munggo 2-3 times. Soak it with water for atlas 1hr. Drain the water and replace it with 2 cups (water).
- Cook it over medium high heat until the munggo get softened. (While cooking make sure you keep your eye on it coz when it start boiling there is a chance of the water to overflow)
- Transfer the cook munggo into a blender add in the condensed milk and puree it into a fine texture.
- Put it back to the pot and add in the sugar and the butter. Cook it over medium low heat stirring constantly and scraping the bottom at the same time until mixture thicken up like soft paste. Turn the heat off and let it cool completely.
- Once its totally cold, scope a tsp. of this filling and simply roll it round, or optionally just fill it to the middle of cut dough and close the dough and put it to the cooking dish.
- Cook the Hopia for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown in 180-200 degree oven.
For making the dough for the hopia, click here>>>