My Philippine Passport will soon be expiring thus I visited the PHililippine Embassy-London.
The office was easy to spot as there was a Philippine flag hoisted right outside the building and a metal signage indicating it was indeed the Philippine embassy. How to get to Philippine Embassy from Victoria Coach Station London.
Make sure you have the following at hand :
- Old Passport/s
- At least 2 Photocopies of the detailed page of your old passport
- £ 43.00 Processing Fee (Cash as they do not accept debit/credit cards)
- Duly accomplished E-Passport Application Form which is available at the office or downloadable online ( )
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL APPLICANTS FOR E-PASSPORT
- Personal Appearance is required
- Duly accomplished application form ( please click the link to download and fill up the form.
- Other supporting documents that may be required (please refer to the list below)
- The passport fee is £43.00 payable in cash or British postal order (We do not accept personal cheques, debit/credit cards for payment).
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR PASSPORT RENEWAL
- Applicant’s old passport
- Photocopy of old passport’s data page.
- If passport being renewed is the old brown passport or machine readable passport (MRP), submit NSO authenticated Birth Certificate and other supporting documents with complete middle name and place of birth.
- Former Filipinos who have re-acquired Philippine citizenship must bring copies of their Oath of Allegiance.
- Upon arriving at the Embassy office, secure a priority number.
- Have all your documents ready and wait for your number to be called.
- Once called, you will be asked to submit all necessary documents to the processing counter and the person in charge will issue a form to indicate how much you need to pay.
- Wait for your name to be called at the cashier counter and pay the necessary fee.
- Walk upstairs to the Biometrics Office (at the 2nd level) where scans of your fingerprints will be taken along with a photograph of yourself. (This photo is for the passport I guess, kaseh’, once of my co Filipina said, that they did not ask for the 2 x 2 passport photos. Note, however, this is only for PE London office, other Philippine Embassy maybe different case. Please check though.
- Once your biometrics and photo have been taken, the person in charge will inform you as to when you can claim your passport which is around 2-3 months.
For some, the whole process did not take long and in fact was smooth and easy – average of 30 minutes per person to finish the entire transaction. It probably helped that we came early as not so many people were on queue. The rest of your time, maybe just used to sight seeing London view. 🙂
For more information, I have copied some questions and answers I found from other bloggers, of https://pinkcottonballs.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/passport-renewal-at-the-philippine-embassy-in-london/
I just thought that because I did not received a quick reply from my comments to her page, I have in mind of making my post, so others may continue to update infos, regarding passport or other matters related to going to PE London.
Opening Hours: 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 5pm
Monday thru Friday, except Philippine and UK holidays Telephone: (44) 20 7451 1780
Address: 6-11 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
Fax: (44) 20 7930 9787
Following are the post and comments, please feel free to leave comments, or share new updates, so we could share important information that would be helpful to us. Thanks, Mabuhay Filipino!