What is the law?
- According to Exodus 20: 1-17; It refers to the Ten Commandments of God.
- According to Romans 7: 12 it explains in summary that the Law is holy, righteous and good.
- In Psalm 19:7-8- is says that the law is right, trustworthy and Perfect.
- In Leviticus 18:5 ; We should keep the law and obey it in order to live, violating the law cause death.
In Galatians 2:15 Paul said: ”
‘We are Jews by birth and not “Gentile sinners,” and yet because we know that a person is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we ourselves have believed in Christ Jesus. This was so that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no human being will be justified. But if we ourselves are also found to be “sinners” while seeking to be justified by Christ, is Christ then a promoter of sin? Absolutely not! If I rebuild those things that I tore down, I show myself to be a lawbreaker. For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. ‘ Galatians 2:15-20 https://my.bible.com/bible/1713/GAL.2.15-20
Then if we are saved by Grace of Jesus Christ, we do not worry, as God is grace, anyway, he will save us. Therefore, is it safe to say, that we sin or not, we are save if we believe that Christ can save us. We do not need to worry so long you believe in Christ is enough to secure our salvation in heaven?
The answer is No. Read the whole chapter Romans 6, as it is well explained.
In Galatians 3:10 ” It talks of Law and Promise
“10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse,Jms 3:10because it is written,Ac 15:15 Everyone who does not do everything written in the book of the law is cursed.
13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us,1Pt 2:24 because it is written, Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.
Then if the law is not sufficient enough for the Salvation, then what is the purpose or the point of the law to Christians?
- The law simply define what is the sin. So that we will know our transgression.
- The law is there to protect the people from each other, although we could not follow it, it give us a a freedom and limitation to do what is right and what is wrong. So we will know our sins. Since the law demands righteousness, although no one is, it can direct us to Jesus Christ. Because of our sin, we need someone to save us, worthy and in the eyes of the Lord, holy, and no sin, that it is acceptable to God, and that is Jesus Christ. In john 3:16 it says that ”
16 ‘For God loved the world in this way: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. ‘ John 3:16 https://my.bible.com/bible/1713/JHN.3.16