Prep time:10 mins;Cook time:50 mins;Total time:1 hour
Author: Vanjo Merano
Cuisine: Filipino Recipe
- 2 lbs tilapia, cleaned (about 1 kilo)
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 knob ginger, cut into strips
- 1-2 banana pepper or finger chili
- 1½ tbsp. fish sauce (patis)
- 4 pieces red chilli pepper (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger in the hot oil
- Once the onion become soft, add the fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir.
- Pour in the coconut cream and stir. Let boil and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the banana pepper and tilapia. Cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes. Add some water if needed.
- Put-in the red chillies. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and simmer for about a minute.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve Hot. Share and Enjoy!