(Serves: 18 )
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 315g plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Prep:25min › Cook:20min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
- Combine the 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the brown and caster sugars in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed. Add butter and blend until grainy. Add eggs and vanilla extract, mixing until light and fluffy.
- Whisk flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together in a separate bowl. Add to sugar mixture, mixing at low speed just long enough to combine. Overmixing makes tough cookies!
- Roll dough into 2.5cm balls, then roll each ball into cinnamon-sugar to coat. Place cookies on ungreased baking trays and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from trays and allow to cool on wire racks.