This makes only for 1 layer cake.
Line your tin with bakings sheets, then preheat the oven to 160 degrees and then bake the cake for an hour. (I used the small oven).
- Weight 3 eggs;
- Take the weight of the eggs, then x2 for the weight of the sugar, e.g. 100g. x 1.2 =Weight of Sugar.
- Take the weight of the sugar =the weight of margarine.
Beat the margarine and sugar together until its creamy white, and scrap them down from time to time while mixing.
Add 1 egg and beat; and another 1 egg at a time; and
- 5ml. baking powder;
- 5ml. vanilla essence;
- 10ml. orange essence.
Take the same weight of Flour as the weight from the eggs and beat them in medium speed.
Into a mixing bowl add in the ff:
- 1 1/4 cups cold and warm water; 75g. sugar, then 1/4 yeast then 65ml. shortening/oil
- Then 1 Lts. flour with 1 and 1/4 salt on top.
- Knead the dough until ready. Let it rise for 30 mins. or let the dough whole cycle if using bread maker machine.
- Put wax paper into the pizza tin, and spread the dough using your thumb.
- Cook the pizza for about 10 minutes.
To add the fillings and toppings:
- Add first the sauce, spread using spatula, then add your desired toppings, like mushroom, chicken, peperroni, ham, or pine apple or any as you desired, then lastly the cheese.
Preparation time for Samosa-45 minutes
Ingredients for Samosa:
- All purpose flour-200 gm
- Carom seeds(ajwain)-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil-4 tbsp
- Potato(boiled)-6 pcs (500 gms approx)
- Fresh/frozen peas-25 gm
- Cashew-10 to 12
- (you may use roasted peanuts instead of cashew)
- Green chilli(chopped)-3 to 4
- Ginger (grated)-2 inch
- Garlic(grated)-10 to 12
- Chat masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Dry mango powder(aamchur)-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/3 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1/3 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for frying and masala preparation
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Add carom seeds, salt and oil(4 tbsp) into the flour, mix it properly.
- Add water and knead the flour into smooth dough( little stiffer than roti dough), cover it and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add green chilli, grated ginger and garlic, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add green peas, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, crushed cashew and cook it for few seconds.
- Add potato, garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder, chat masala powder, dry mango powder and salt to taste.
- Mix the spices properly and cook it for 2-3 minutes on low flame, keep stirring in between.
- Turn off the flame and add coriander leaves, mix it and let the masala/stuffing cool down completely.
- Make equal size of dough-balls to make samosa, take one dough-ball and dust it with plain flour.
- Roll it into small roti/poori shape and cut it into two equal parts.
- Take one part, apply little water on the edges and join the edges to give it cone shape.
- Fill the prepared cone with stuffing, apply little water on the edges and seal it.
- Repeat the process to make remaining samosas.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai or thick bottom pan, let the oil heat properly.
- Once the oil is heated, reduce the flame to low
- Put 3-4 samosa at a time in hot oil, fry it on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Fry it on low flame till it turns golden brown from both sides, keep flipping in between.
- Once the samosa turns golden brown, take it out on the kitchen towel.
- Repeat the process to fry remaining samosa.
- Samosa is ready, serve hot with green chutney and red chutney.
Sweet and not too salty, but just right.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice from 1 1/2 medium or 1 large oranges
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs about 6-7 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 Tbsp oil I use light olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Green onion and sesame seeds for garnish optional
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken w/the 1st five ingredients for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the pan and put in the oil and unsalted butter. Once hot enough, saute the chicken until cooked, and the sauce becomes like sticky syrup.
- Remove from the pan, and place the chicken on top of the rice of your place, sprinkle with some sesame seeds and green onions. like the one in the picture above. Enjoy!
Prep. 10m. Cook:15 mins. Ready in 25mins.
- 2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- few sesame seeds for decoration about 1 1/2 tbp.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; then set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 2 cups sugar until light fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Gradually stir in in the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Roll the dough into the walnut sized balls and roll the ball in sesame seeds.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.